Master of Arts in Emerging Media and Communication
London School of Public Relations (London-Kensington, England)
Professional Development Diploma in Writing for Business (Awarded Distinction)
Midwestern State University (Wichita Falls, TX)
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication, Minor: Public Relations & Advertising
Tourism Marketing Manager
- Planning, developing and implementing an integrated marketing strategy and comprehensive programs for the City of Southlake’s tourism brand, Visit Southlake – including campaigns, event promotion, social media, communications, digital marketing, and PR.
- Developing content and maintaining VisitSouthlakeTexas.com, including monitoring site insights and analytics.
- Forming and maintaining partnerships and relationships to enhance destination marketing initiatives.
- Implementing and maintaining a digital asset library, including photos, video, and user-generated content.
- Managing and administering elements of the hotel occupancy tax budget, ensuring all expenditures are in accordance with the City’s established financial principles.
- Managing contracts and vendor relationships, including an agency of record and media partners, as well as evaluating potential vendors and coordinating direct media buys.
- Managing Visit Southlake’s brand identity to ensure brand consistency across all channels.
- Monitoring all destination media coverage and incorporating key information into the content marketing strategy as appropriate.
- Monitoring and reporting marketing activity, KPI’s, and project management status.
- Overseeing and developing graphic design elements per brand guidelines.
- Planning, developing and implementing an influencer marketing strategy — including hosting influencer visits, customizing itineraries, and monitoring performance.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and managing the destination’s social media strategy — including creating, maintaining, and executing a content calendar for all of Visit Southlake’s owned social media channels.
- Serving as the point of contact for all tourism inquires — responding promptly to emails, online form submissions, phone calls, and in-person visits.
Allen Convention & Visitors Bureau (Allen, TX) 2015- 2018
Senior Marketing Specialist
- Leading the development and implementation of comprehensive communication and marketing strategies.
- Leading the execution of public and media relations initiatives.
- Managing the Allen CVB brand.
- Maintaining and optimizing the CVB website as well as creating original web content.
- Developing and implementing social media strategies and content creation.
- Writing and editing of articles, blogs and newsletters.
- Managing vendors and special projects.
- Creating, managing and optimizing search engine marketing campaigns.
Dex Media (DFW Airport, TX) 2012- 2015
Search Engine Marketing Account Manager
- Optimized SEM Accounts (Google, MSN, SuperPages).
- Planned and launched pay-per-click campaigns.
- Performed detailed account analysis and reporting.
- Improved performance and retained over 60 assigned accounts.
- Researched various industry marketplaces.
Social Media Support Agent (previous)
- Supported client and internal social media inquiries.
- Managed and updated Facebook business pages and SuperPages.com business profiles.
- Prepared detailed insight reports and recommendations.
Bryles Research (Richardson, TX)
*Worked during college holidays and upon graduation.
Project Assistant & Market Research Associate
- Planned, executed and closed market research projects.
- Prepared detailed client reports.
- Developed and implemented social media, public relations and database improvement plans.
- Served as a company representative at community events.
- Recruited respondents & moderated central location tests.
Helping Hands and Hearts (Wichita Falls, TX)
Campaign Account Executive (Capstone)
- Lead and coordinated campaign efforts, serving as the client liaison.
- Ensured reports were done correctly and deadlines met.
- Researched, planed and ensured overall implementation of events.
- Represented the campaign team in media interviews.
National Kidney Foundation, Serving North Texas (Dallas, TX)
Development & Special Events Intern
- Researched potential in-kind and funding sources.
- Managed donor and volunteer databases.
- Assisted with marketing, advertising and planning efforts.
- Managed social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter).
- Assisted Development team in writing press releases and monthly newsletter.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- App Design and Prototyping
- Certified Google AdWords and Bing Ads Professional
- Digital Marketing
- Editing and Writing (AP Style)
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Management (Facebook, HootSuite, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Vine)
Leadership and Professional Organizations
- Active Member of the Texas Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus
- Diversity Chair of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)- Dallas Chapter
- Secretary of the National PRSA Diversity & Inclusion Committee